Tuesday, September 20, 2016

2D Week 04 Assignment: Composition and Layout

This week we learned about various composition styles and were instructed to choose one to incorporate into a work of our own.


Shown below is my chosen reference image. I thought this was a unique application of iconic composition, since it took a normal everyday subject like a horse and portrayed it as if it were a heroic figure, charging towards its enemy.


Here you can see my first rough sketches and lines indicating iconic composition. As you can see, the body generally follows the northeast diagonal, and the front legs follows the southwest diagonal.


Below is the final product.


This assignment took me about 5 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Composition works. I only wish there was really strong back lighting like what is shown in the reference image.

    ReplyDelete