Monday, October 10, 2016

3D Week 07 Assignment: Bake Maps and Digital Painting for a Prop

This week we continued work with the cannon and used a new software, Substance Painter to paint realistic textures on the piece and give it the illusion of age.

In Maya, I exported out the low-res version of the cannon along with the sculpted high-res.


I then imported the cannon in to Substance Painter and, using new techniques I learned from Nick, brought it to life. We learned how to use various brushes and materials in the program as well as how to bake normal maps onto the model.

Shown below is the final result.


This assignment took me around 4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I like the results, there is a lot of really small detail/noise in the piece, need to lessen that a bit and give the eye a place to rest. Raise the logo up just a little.

    ReplyDelete